Hereford Couriers are proud to launch the Virtual 5k Series starting in July.
After the cancellation of the 2020 5k series due to the uncertainty around COVID-19, the club are pleased to announce the launch of the Virtual 5k Series 2020
- Race 1: W/C 6th July
- Race 2: W/C 3rd August
- Race 3: W/C 7th September
We have an awesome bespoke finishers medal for all participants along with full results and overall series prizes.
£10 for all 3 races
We are inviting runners from across the country to take part, you can race anywhere you like on the selected weeks above.
We’ve tried to make it as simple as possible for runners to submit your activity so we have 2 options is to follow Hereford Couriers on Strava along with tagging us on the activity or you can send us a screenshot/ copy of your activity to Herefordcouriersrunningclub@hotmail.com, please see the T&C’s below for information about elevation, race days and cut off’s etc.
Full race results will be published on our club website and we’ve even got a bespoke series medal for all finishers, which will be posted to your home address before the September races, ready for those post race photos!
Everyone is welcome.
- Race Dates:
- w/c 6th July 2020
- w/c 3rd August 2020
- w/c 7th September 2020
- Starting Time: whatever suits you, just complete one 5k each week
- Entries: Entry Fees: £10, Race Limit 400, Minimum age 12.
- Venue: Anywhere you like
- Distance/ Terrain: 5k & Any terrain you want
- Prizes: Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed Male & Female finishers for overall series, please see our website for more information.
- Medals: We have a bespoke medal for all runners who complete all 3 races.
- Submitting your run: We have made 2 easy ways for you to submit your time, you can either follow ’Hereford Couriers’ on strava and tag us in the comment part or you can send us a screenshot or link to your strava/ garmin and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results: Will be uploaded on the clubs website https://herefordcouriers.com/club-races/couriers-virtual-5k-series/
Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Social distancing any and all government rules must be adheared to at the time of your race.
- Runs must be 5km (3.1miles) in length (reasonable GPS margin of error).
- Races must be run between 00:00am on Monday and 19:00 on Sunday of the weeks listed above. 1 attempt per person.
- Each individual runner must upload their Strava/Garmin performance and either tag Hereford Couriers or email us your result – fallure to do this will mean your result will not be recorded.
- Runs should be named as ‘Couriers Virtual 5k (Race 1/2/3) on Strava.
- Results will be based on “time elapsed” rather than “moving time” – try not to stop your watch during your run!
- Routes with significant negative elevation will not be counted (not all downhill routes)