HEREFORD COURIERS ARE DELIGHTED TO HOST THE CHRISTMAS 10K ROAD RACE ON THURSDAY 28th DECEMBER 2023.
When you’ve eaten far too much turkey, bored of the same old Christmas TV and you’ve already planned your new year’s festivities, there can only be one thing left to do…… take part in a good old fashioned Christmas road race around the country lanes of Brienton, Herefordshire.
Due to the huge success of previous years the Couriers pleased to announce the return of the 5th Hereford Couriers CHRISTMAS 10k!
Its a great course, a mildly undulating route, the course is suitable for runners of all abilities, the route will be full marked out and marshalled with a water station at the midway point, we’ve even got a festive medal for every finisher & the race will be chip-timed!
Everyone is welcome.
- Race Date: Thursday 28th December 2023.
- Starting Time: 10am Start from Hereford Rugby Club
- Entries: Entry Fees: £16.00 – Affiliated / £18.00 – Unattached Race Limit 500, Minimum age 16.
- Venue & Race HQ: Hereford Rugby Club, Belvedere Lane, Hereford.
- Facilities/ Parking: Facilties and parking to be confirmed closer to the race.
- Distance/ Terrain: 10k – Road.
- Course Details: The route is on open roads – albeit on quiet lanes, A mildly undulating route, the course is suitable for runners of all abilities.. Race route can be found here: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1771414
- Prizes/ Medals: Age category prizes for all winners & festive medal for all participants.
- Website: https://herefordcouriers.com/club-races/christmas-10k/ for further race details.
Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- This event is to be held under UK Athletics rules. Race Licence applied for. The entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the event and that the officials’ decision is final.
- The entrant confirms that they have no medical disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part (and will not run if unfit to do so on the day).
- The deadline for transfers or withdrawals for this event is the 18th December (10 days before the event) this is so this allows us to send the data onto the Chip Timing company who need to sort the race-day bibs. Failure to notify us before this time will result in no further edits or refunds for your entry.
- The entrant understands that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness howsoever caused as a result of entering the race. The entrant agrees that during the race they will obey marshals’ instructions. No dogs will be allowed on the course.
- If for any reason beyond our control the race has to be cancelled on the day (“Act of god” Flooding, Accidents, incidents etc) we cannot guarantee a full refund or that the race will be rescheduled. We will however do everything possible to resolve any unfortunate situation.
- All entrants shall be deemed to have made him/herself familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules. The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the [date of entry], whether or not the entrant is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK. http://www.uka.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/210507-UKA-AD-Rules-3-combined-final.pdf For added clarification, the date of entry is the date of the event
FESTIVE WINS FOR JONES AND CARTER
Ben Jones, of Cambridge & Coleridge and Courier Addy Carter showed they were top of the Christmas tree by clinching victories in the 2023 10-kilometre Christmas race, hosted by Hereford Couriers.
The race, in its 4th year saw 300 runners take part in the event around the rolling country lanes of Breinton on Wednesday 28th December.
Jones had an impressive run leading from start to finish crossed the line to set a winning time of 32 minutes and 47 seconds, ahead of Eric Apperley of Croft Ambrey, who finished in a time of 34 mins and 25 with Dan Geisler close behind to finish in 3rd place crossing the line in 34 minutes and 36 seconds.
In the female race the ever improving-Courier Carter won in a fantastic time of 40 minutes and 20 seconds, ahead of Black Pear Joggers runner Megan Judge who finished strong for second in a time of 40 minutes and 49 seconds ahead of Builth & District Runner Sophie Cook who finished in 41 minutes and 39.
The Couriers took the female team prize after a great set of performances by Carter, Joanna Eddy, Jess Sulivan and Laura Hands who took a clear victory in the female team competition, with the impressive Croft Ambrey men’s team of Apperley, Gareth Leek, Mark Lamonby & Sam Juson help the team in blue clinch the men’s team award.
There was also a host of category prizes for the veteran and junior sections, category awards can be found here:
The Club would like to say a big thank you to our race sponsors, the DM Lab and our race partners Ready Set Go Timing & Hereford Rugby Football Club along with our fantastic volunteers for all of your support in delivering another festively fun race.
The full results for the race can be found at: Christmas 10k race 2022 results
We look forward to seeing everyone next year as we return for our 5th race, entries are now open at https://www.entrycentral.com/Christmas10k2023
Couriers Christmas 10k 2021
Congratulations to everyone who took part in this mornings Christmas 10k race, the race was won by Charlie Jones of Western Tempo Running Club & Annie Birch of London https://www.entrycentral.com/Christmas10k22City Athletics Club
In the men’s race it was London City AC runner Luke Rowlands in 2nd with Matthew Brunnock of Hereford & County AC in 3rd.
A special mention you to our race sponsors The Studio – Hereford for your sponsorship of the race and to our race partners Ready Set Go & Point To Point Services and a big thank you to Hereford Rugby Football Club for being amazing hosts.
A big shout out to all of our volunteers, days like today don’t happen without our awesome team of helpers.
The full results along with the category prizes can be found here: https://www.readysetgotiming.co.uk/2021results