HEREFORD COURIERS ARE DELIGHTED TO HOST THE CHRISTMAS 10K ROAD RACE
Monday 28th December 2020 11am Start
When you’ve eaten far too much turkey, bored of the same old Christmas TV and you’ve already planned your new year’s festivities, there can only be one thing left to do…… take part in a good old fashioned Christmas road race around the country lanes of Brienton, Herefordshire.
Due to the huge success of the 2019 race the Couriers pleased to announce the return of the CHRISTMAS 10k!
Its a great course, a mildly undulating route, the course is suitable for runners of all abilities, the route will be full marked out and marshalled with a water station at the midway point, we’ve even got a festive medal for every finisher & for this year the race will be chip-timed!
**Please be aware that the club are monitoring the current Covid-19 situation and be reassured that all safety measures will be put in place to keep the runners, spectators, volunteers and the general public safe on race day, please keep an eye on updates on the club social media platforms and we will release up to date information closer the time.**
Everyone is welcome.
- Race Date: Monday 28th December 2020 (It’s a bank holiday!).
- Starting Time: 11:00am on Great Weston Way.
- Entries: Entry Fees: £12.00 – Affiliated / £14.00 – Unattached (£20 on the day subject to availability) Race Limit 500, Minimum age 16.
- Venue: Hereford Rugby Club, Belvedere Lane, Hereford HR4 0PH.
- Facilities/ Parking: Hereford Rugby Club is event HQ (50yds from start) has adequate parking (please car share where possible), changing & refreshments, Please stay for a post race festive drink. This is where race bib numbers will be collected on the day from 9am.
- Distance/ Terrain: 10k – Road.
- Course Details: The route is on open roads – albeit on quiet lanes, A mildly undulating route, the course is suitable for runners of all abilities. Formally known as Wye Valley Runners New Years Day 10k, Full UK Athletics race licence, Licence number: 2019-39442.
- Prizes: Presentations at Hereford Rugby Club around 12.30pm. Prizes in usual categories – 5 year vet age bands with one prize rule max per person. Team prize for first men’s and women’s team – 3 to count.
- Website: https://herefordcouriers.com/club-races/christmas-10k/ for course route elevation.
- Post Race: Please join us for a festive post race drink too, the bar at the Rugby Club will be open for a friendly drink & food with your fellow finishers, why not bring the family along too!
Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- This event is to be held under UK Athletics rules. Race Licence applied for. The entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the event and that the officials’ decision is final.
- The entrant confirms that they have no medical disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part (and will not run if unfit to do so on the day).
- The entrant understands that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness howsoever caused as a result of entering the race. The entrant agrees that during the race they will obey marshals’ instructions. No dogs will be allowed on the course.
- If for any reason beyond our control the race has to be cancelled on the day (“Act of god” Flooding, Accidents, incidents etc) we cannot guarantee a full refund or that the race will be rescheduled. We will however do everything possible to resolve any unfortunate situation. If the race is cancelled due to the current COVID-19 situation, we will offer a virtual race alternative along with entry to the 2021 event for anyone who has signed up to the 2020 event.
2019 Race Results
Congratulations to everyone who took part in our first Christmas 10k, please find the provisional results listed below
A big thank you to our army of volunteers, not just those who helped on the day but all the people who have helped out and supported to make yesterday happen, without all of your work we would not be able to host these events.
A special mention to Mark Davies and Hereford Rugby Club for being hosts for the race & to Hereford Cathedral School who allowed us to to use their sports venue for additional parking.
We hope you enjoyed the event as much as we have enjoyed hosting it, If you have any feedback on the race please let us know. We plan on returning next December to make the race an annual fixture on the race calendar.