Here at the club we have been closely monitoring the situation surrounding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, we have decided that it is in the best interest of runners, spectators & volunteers to postpone the clubs 5k series which was due to happen in April, May & June in an effort to play our part to help control the spread of the virus.

Together with our race day partners we have managed to secure the following alternative dates:

  • Weds 1st July
  • Weds 5th August
  • Weds 2nd September

We understand and share your disappointment with this outcome, but have been worked up on a number of contingency plans and options for runners who are affected, here are options for those who have already signed up:

  1. Those affected will be offered a free transfer to the re-scheduled event. Your entry will be transferred automatically so you do not need to re-register. We will keep you updated with details on the re-scheduled event.
  2. Those runners who are unable to attend the re-scheduled event will have the opportunity to participate in the 5k Series virtually. This means that if runners can provide evidence of covering the race distance (using an app such as Strava, a GPS tracker or a picture of gym equipment) we will send you a finishers medal in the post. We will cover the postage costs.
  3. Alternatively you can defer your 2020 race entry until 2021.

If you wish to take option 2, 3 or have any other queries please drop us an email at Herefordcouriersrunningclub@hotmail.com.

Our thoughts remain with those directly affected by COVID-19 and the family and friends of those who have sadly passed away.