CHRISTMAS 10K FINAL RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Please note the race HQ is Hereford Rugby Club (Not Hereford Rowing Club which was race HQ when Wye Valley Runners hosted the race)
Here is a reminder of some key race information:
- Venue: The venue & race headquarters for the race is Hereford Rugby Club, Belvedere Lane, Hereford HR4 0PH
- Facilities: The Rugby Club have both male & female changing facilities available for use.
- Parking: Parking will be at race HQ (We have an overflow parking at Hereford Cathedral School sports centre next door) please car share where possible & park where instructed.
- Number Collection: You will need to collect your number on race day, we will not be posting out numbers prior to the race, collect your numbers on the day from 9:15am until 10:45am.
- Bag Drop: We have a dedicated secure bag drop off point at the Rugby Club, please pick up your race number prior to dropping off your bag as your race number will also your bag drop number.
- On the day entries: If you have friends, relatives or team mates who decide at the last minute they fancy as run we are allowing on the day entries, entries will be 9:15am and will close at 10:30am prompt £13.00 Affiliated £15.00 Unattached, Cash only – We do not have the facilities to take card payments.
- Start Time: 11:00am on Great Weston Way (50yds from race HQ)
- Course: The route is on open roads – albeit on quiet lanes, A mildly undulating route. Please visit https://herefordcouriers.com/club-races/christmas-10k/ for the course map.
- Marshalls & First Aid: The race will have plenty of marshalls out on the course along with yellow directional arrows. Please listen to marshalls instructions they are out on the course for your safety. We also have a number of first aiders available.
- Distance Markers: You will see markers at every KM out on the course.
- Water Station: We will have one water station on the route. You will be pleased to know that you will pass it twice at approx 3km & 7km points.
- Pre-Race Briefing: All runners need to attend pre-race briefing this will be held just before the start of the race at 10:55 on Great Weston Way.
- Race start: Due to the high volumes of entries (we could well have over 300+ runners on the day) we are expecting the start area to be busy and may get congested, with this in mind please respect marshalls instructions, be aware of the public (as the race starts on a wide public footpath) & be mindful of fellow runners especially when picking your position in the starting pack.
- Race Finish: The race finishes in the same place as the start, We will have a funnel system in place so please stay in the order you’ve finished in until you have received your finishers medal. If you want to support your teammates and fellow finishers please keep on the left of the footpath & not blocking the vision of the timekeepers.
- Spectators: If you have friends, family or team mates who want to come along and support we recommend that the best place to watch the start & get some great photos is just before the bridge on Great Weston Way on the first bend as runners head onto Breinton Road.
- Prizes: Each finisher will receive a festive medal at the end of the race, Presentations of prizes will be at Hereford Rugby Club around 12.30pm or as soon as the race . Prizes in usual categories – 5 year vet age bands with one prize rule max per person. Team prize for first men’s and women’s team – 3 to count.
- Results: Results will be available to view post race, they will also be displayed on the club website www.herefordcouriers.com
- Post Race: Please join us for a festive post race drink too, the bar at the Rugby Club will be open for a friendly drink & food with your fellow finishers, why not bring the family along too!
- Extra information & updates: for any last minute updates please check out facebook page www.facebook.com/HerefordCouriersRaces
Finally, a big thankyou for signing up for Sunday’s race, this is our first year of hosting the Christmas 10k we have been overwhelmed by the entries and support the race has received.
Have a lovely Christmas,
From everyone at Hereford Couriers RC.