Virtually RUNNING Hereford
5k, 10k & Half Marathon
Week commencing 4th May 2020.
Join in the fun and talk part in your very own 5k, 10k or Half Marathon virtual race during May and help raise funds for St Michaels Hospice.
To enter simply follow these 5 steps:
- Join the Keep Herefordshire Running Strava Group http://www.strava.com/clubs/herefordshirerunning.
- Make a donation to take part through www.justgiving.com/fundraising/virtually-running-hereford
- Week commencing 4th May 2020 head out and race 5k, 10k or Half Marathon distance. If you are a member of a club don’t forget to wear your club colours.
- Upload your activity to Strava along with that important pre or post-race selfie for our wall of greatness.
- Name the activity: Virtually RUNNING Hereford (5k/ 10k/ Half Marathon) #KeepHerefordshireRunning
We will work out full online results, all finishers will receive an online certificate and prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place male & female finishers over each distance.
Why not share the justgiving page with your friends and family for sponsorship to help raise fund for St Michael’s Hospice as like every charity this is a difficult time with no active fundraising happening.
PLEASE RESPECT SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDANCE – AVOID RUNNING IN BUSY PARKS (including existing Parkrun routes!) AND ALWAYS RUN SOLO. DON’T DRIVE SOMEWHERE TO RUN (in line with govt guidance)
See you on the virtual start line
Terms and conditions
- Runs must be 5km (3.1miles) 10km (6.2miles) or Half Marathon (13.1 miles) in length (reasonable GPS margin of error).
- Legs must be run between 00:00am on Monday 4th May and 19:00 on Sunday 10th May. 1 attempt per person & 1 distance per person!
- Each individual runner must upload their Strava/Garmin performance and be part of the #KeepHerefordshireRunning Strava Club
- Runs should be named as ‘Virtually RUNNING Hereford (5k/ 10k/ Half Marathon) #KeepHerefordshireRunning’
- Results will be based on “time elapsed” rather than “moving time” – try not to stop your watch during your run!
- Routes with significant negative elevation will not be counted (not all downhill routes)