RUNNERS Ryan McLennan of Moray Road Runners & Couriers own Clare Mallender came out on top in the Virtual Jon Ward 5k race this August helping raise funds for the charity Mind.
The race was another successful virtual race held by the Hereford Couriers which was created to run alongside of the physical race that happened last weekend & saw over 50 finishers from all across the world with racing taking place in Africa to Scotland running many routes in between in memory of Jon who sadly passed away in 2020.
In the men’s race, McLennan was the fastest recording a superb time of 18:15 to seal victory.
He was followed virtually all the way by his team mate Simon MacDonald who finished in a time of 20:43 with Christopher Barnicoat picking up 3rd place in 21:11.
Quickest female was Hereford Courier Clare Mallender who finished in first position in a fantastic time of 21:58
Second place was Hereford & County youngster Eva Tyler, who finished her race in 22:40, ahead of Moray Road Runner’s Karen Norvell who finished in 3rd place in a time of 23:34.
The club would like to thank everyone who took part and got involved in the event, we really appreciate the support for this great event.
The full race results can be found here:
The Jon Ward Hereford 5K 2022 Virtual Only Option
2022 event TBC
Money Raised from the race will go to Mind.
The Couriers are pleased to announce the return of the Jon Ward 5k race, and here’s your chance to sign up and compete virtually from wherever you are in the world.
This race is held in memory of ex-Hereford Courier Jon Ward who sadly passed away in June 2020. All profits from the race will be donated to Charity.
Jon was a decorated runner, competing across every distance from 5k to Ultra Running. He was a proud member of the 100 Marathon Club and many locally knew him well, Jon was a Courier from 2010 – 2017.
We’ve tried to make it as simple as possible for runners to submit your activity so we have 2 options is to follow Hereford Couriers on Strava along with tagging us on the activity or you can send us a screenshot/ copy of your activity to Herefordcouriersrunningclub@hotmail.com, please see the T&C’s below for information about elevation, race days and cut off’s etc.
Full race results will be published on our club website and we’ve even got a bespoke series medal for all finishers, which will be posted to your home address.
Everyone is welcome.
- Race Date: 9th August to 21st August 2021
- Starting Time: whatever suits you
- Entries: Entry Fees: £11, Race Limit 100, Minimum age 10.
- Venue: Anywhere you like
- Distance/ Terrain: 5k & Any terrain you want
- Medals: We have a bespoke medal for all runners who complete the 5k.
- Submitting your run: We have made 2 easy ways for you to submit your time, you can either follow ’Hereford Couriers’ on strava and tag us in the comment part or you can send us a screenshot or link to your strava/ garmin and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Social distancing any and all government rules must be adhered to at the time of your race.
- Runs must be 5km (3.1miles) in length (reasonable GPS margin of error).
- Races must be run between 00:00am on Monday and 19:00 on Sunday of the weeks listed above. 1 attempt per person.
- Each individual runner must upload their Strava/Garmin performance and either tag Hereford Couriers or email us your result – fallure to do this will mean your result will not be recorded.
- Runs should be named as ‘Couriers Virtual 5k (Race 1/2/3) on Strava.
- Results will be based on “time elapsed” rather than “moving time” – try not to stop your watch during your run!
- Routes with significant negative elevation will not be counted (not all downhill routes)