The Couriers are proud to bring to you our Spring 5k Series 2023.
Race 1 Wednesday 5th April 2023
Race 2 Wednesday 3rd May 2023
Race 3 Wednesday 7th June 2023
Chip Timed | Bespoke Medal | Fast & Flat Course
- Starting Time: 2 waves, 6:45pm wave 1 (sub 20 mins) 7:15pm wave 2 (over 20 mins)
- Entries: £20 (affiliated) £22 (unattached) for all 3 races
- Venue: Hereford Racecourse, Roman Road, Hereford. HR4 9QU.
- Facilities/ Parking: Hereford Racecourse is race HQ & start, has adequate parking, we will have toilets available for participants.
- Bibs: All runners will need to collect on the day, BIB NUMBERS MUST BE KEPT FOR ALL 3 RACES.
- Distance/ Terrain: 5k – Road.
- Course Details: The route is on open roads – albeit through a quiet housing estate, please keep to the left at all times! the route is very flat and fast (Ideal for that PB), the course is suitable for runners of all abilities. Please see the race map and elevation below. The course has been measured and will have Full UK Athletics race licence, Licence number to follow.
- Course Records: Male; Ben Robinson, Gloucester AC 14:40 Female; Rachel Brown, Western Tempo 16:45 both set in 2021.
- Prizes: Presentations will not happen due to the current restrictions, winners prizes will be posted out post race. Series prizes in usual categories – 5 year vet age bands with one prize rule max per person, including M/F U15 & U17. Team prize for first men’s and women’s team – 4 to count. All three races need to be run to qualify for awards.
- Medals: We have a bespoke medal for all runners who complete all 3 races.
- Results: Will be uploaded to www.herefordcouriers.com post race
Please read the useful guidance below, all runners will receive an email with full race day details prior to the event and remember we are helping you to put on these races so you need everyone to adhere to our guidance.
Please have a read of the following COVID-19 (Coronavirus) guidance below for Runners, Spectators and Volunteers
- UKA Participant Code of Conduct
- UKA Spectator Code of Conduct
- UKA Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- This event is to be held under UK Athletics rules. Race Licence applied for. The entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the event and that the officials’ decision is final.
- The entrant confirms that they have no medical disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part (and will not run if unfit to do so on the day).
- The deadline for transfers or withdrawals for this event is the 18th December (10 days before the event) this is so this allows us to send the data onto the Chip Timing company who need to sort the race-day bibs. Failure to notify us before this time will result in no further edits or refunds for your entry.
- The entrant understands that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness howsoever caused as a result of entering the race. The entrant agrees that during the race they will obey marshals’ instructions. No dogs will be allowed on the course.
- If for any reason beyond our control the race has to be cancelled on the day (“Act of god” Flooding, Accidents, incidents etc) we cannot guarantee a full refund or that the race will be rescheduled. We will however do everything possible to resolve any unfortunate situation.
- All entrants shall be deemed to have made him/herself familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules. The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the [date of entry], whether or not the entrant is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK. http://www.uka.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/210507-UKA-AD-Rules-3-combined-final.pdf For added clarification, the date of entry is the date of the event